AC duct cleaning, both in private houses and office buildings, is a mandatory home care procedure in all developed countries, and the UAE is no exception. Ac duct cleaning in Dubai is also a widespread occurrence. For several reasons, the first of which is human health. In addition, practical Arabs are very good at counting their money. This means that it is more profitable for them to clean the ventilation regularly than to change filters more often, pay high electricity bills, repair fans and other elements of the ventilation system, or incur expenses due to frequent illnesses of people.
We are indoors 90% of the time. Imagine what you breathe! Air ducts accumulate not only dirt and dust, which in itself is highly harmful but also various microorganisms, bacteria, and fungal spores. According to the UAE WHO, dirty ventilation increases the incidence of people by 35-45%! After understanding these data, do you consider it necessary to clean the air ducts from dust and dirt?
How to Choose an AC Duct Cleaning Service in Dubai?
Choosing the most suitable and most reliable duct cleaning company in Dubai is certainly not the most straightforward process and, at the same time, entirely responsible. But still, it is quite possible.
For you not to make a mistake with the choice of this company, take the following steps:
Do Your Research
Do your little research. Choose, for example, the seven largest cleaning companies in Dubai that specialize in cleaning ac ducts. Go to their websites and carefully read the entire list of services they represent in this area. Find out how long a particular company has been in the cleaning services market. Which large corporations does it serve, or which large corporations does it have a multi-year signed contract with.
Ask for Recommendations
In addition, you can refer to the recommendations. Find a website with a rating of cleaning companies in Dubai. Carefully read the reviews on the websites of a particular company or independent forums. You can also ask your acquaintances/friends who have contacted an ac cleaning Dubai specialist.
Compare Services and Prices
It is also essential to be able to compare these companies. Perhaps one of the firms will have more experience, and the other company will have a higher license. And the third will have these two factors at once. Therefore, it is necessary to analyze all the factors in detail, carefully weigh them, and only make a final decision based on this.
The cost of AC Duct Cleaning in Dubai
Of course, ac duct cleaning services in Dubai (and in the United Arab Emirates) are not cheap. But still, in our opinion, air duct cleaning is a critical and meticulous process because the health and well-being of people directly depend on the level of air purity.
How much does AC Duct Cleaning cost in Dubai?
We can talk a little about specific numbers that indicate the cost of an AC duct cleaning service. Prices range between AED 700 (approximately $190) to AED 5,000 (around $1,360, respectively) for apartments, villas, and administrative buildings. It is worth noting that the price range is vast. But you also need to understand that the price you have to pay for these services directly depends on several factors:
- at what time of the year do you want to clean the AC duct;
- what is the area of the building (like an office, a luxury villa, or a small apartment)
- how many air conditioners themselves are installed in a particular room.
What are the hidden costs of AC Duct Cleaning in Dubai?
Of course, hidden fees also take place in this situation. For example, additional funds may be needed for different cleaning chemicals. Do not be afraid that in the end, you will have to spend a little more money than you initially expected. In many cases, this means you’ll get excellent AC Maintenance, and your AC air ducts will be 100% clean.
The Importance of AC Duct Cleaning
Why is cleaning ac ducts the most necessary thing in rooms of any type and area?
• Reducing the risk of fire hazards. It is no secret that dust and dirt accumulate in the ventilation ducts, and a spark is enough to ignite them. A fire in air ducts is dangerous because the spread of fire is very high, and in a matter of minutes, the entire building can be engulfed in flames.
- Compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards
- Increase in the service life of fans and air conditioners
- Comfortable microclimate in industrial and residential premises
- Increase staff efficiency
- Decrease in staff morbidity
So is air duct cleaning necessary? Absolutely yes!
40% of pollutants enter the premises through the ventilation system. The distances between the filters are often too large, and polluted air may not get into these filters. Regardless of filters in the ventilation system, some fine particulate contaminants will infiltrate from the outdoor air and settle on the inside of the ventilation equipment or enter the room. And that is not all. Pollutants can be collected during the manufacture, transport, storage, and installation of ventilation equipment, thereby reducing the incoming air quality. New ventilation equipment contains oil deposits. Equipment transported and stored without packaging may contain contaminants from outdoor air and soil. During the installation of ventilation equipment, cement dust or metal chips may collect.
Dirt accumulating in ventilation equipment, on the walls of ventilation ducts, and various heating, cooling, humidifying, and air supply elements can serve as fertile ground for microbes.
How to Clean AC Ducts
Ac duct cleaning is not easy, but anything is possible if you follow the instructions carefully.
How to clean the indoor unit of a split system?
When cleaning the indoor unit of the air conditioner, it is necessary to clean its filters, fan, evaporator heat exchanger, and drainage system. For this, you will need:
- soft fabric;
- a vacuum cleaner;
- warm water and soap (or dishwashing liquid);
- unique means for cleaning air conditioners;
- polyethylene film and shoe covers;
- protective gloves and a respirator if you don’t want to breathe in the dust.
How to clean the indoor unit of the air conditioner? We will tell you step by step for each structural element.
How to clean air conditioner filters?
Cleaning the split system filters is the first stage of work. If the filters are cleaned of dust with a vacuum cleaner 2-3 times a week, then the prevention of the entire device can be carried out less frequently. To clean the filters, you must:
- disconnect the air conditioner from the network;
- open the cover of the indoor unit (and in some models of air conditioners, you will have to immediately remove the front panel, for which you need to dismantle the blinds, carefully bending them and pulling the ends from the sockets, and then unscrew a few fixing screws);
- carefully remove the coarse filters, which are grids on a curved semicircular frame – they, as a rule, have different lengths so as not to be confused when reinstalled;
- soak the filters in soapy water for 30 minutes. If you smell dampness in the room air, add alcohol in a 1: 1 ratio or any antifungal agent to the water, following the instructions for its use;
- rinse the filters in the shower and dry them. When drying, please do not leave them in the sun or use a hair dryer so that the filter frames are not deformed.
How to clean an air conditioner fan?
In modern split systems, a tangential fan with a turbine is installed, and a drum wheel with a shaft corresponds to the air conditioner’s size inlet. It is pretty tricky to clean the dirt accumulated between the narrow and long turbine blades on the spot without removing it. To perform a high-quality cleaning of the air conditioner fan, you will need:
- remove the condensate accumulation pan, having previously disconnected the drain tube from its drain hole;
- unscrew the fastening of the evaporator from the side opposite to the location of the fan motor;
- Unscrew the bolt securing the turbine shaft to the engine rotor. You can get to it from below by scrolling the turbine drum to a place where there is a vast distance between the blades;
- lift the radiator of the heat exchanger-evaporator and pull out the shaft with the turbine;
- soak the turbine for two hours in soapy water, clean it of dirt with a toothbrush, rinse it under the shower, and dry it well.
While the fan turbine is drying, we proceed to the next stage of cleaning the indoor unit of the split system.
How to clean the evaporator radiator of a home air conditioner?
The evaporator heat exchanger is located directly below the filters, and it consists of tubes bent by a coil with finned plates fixed on them, which increase the heat exchange area. These plates are located at a minimal distance, so dust often clogs in the space between them, impairing air circulation. You can clean the air conditioner radiator from dust with a vacuum cleaner and a dry toothbrush.
If a mud film of dust and condensate has already formed between the plates, the heat exchanger-evaporator will have to be washed with water. This can be done without dismantling the evaporator, right at the installation site of the air conditioner, but for this, you will need:
- pull out the temperature sensor located between the radiator plates and bend it to the electronic unit;
- protect the electronic department and temperature sensor from water ingress by covering them with shoe covers;
- Close the wall where the indoor unit is located with plastic wrap, making a gutter out of the film with water drained into a bucket.
After completing this preparatory work, you can start cleaning the evaporator radiator. For what:
- apply a soapy solution to the radiator, and then, for better softening and exfoliation of dirt, a special detergent for air conditioners, sold in liquid form or the form of abundant foam in cans;
- after 20-25 minutes, rinse the radiator with water from a sprayer until clean water flows out of the indoor unit;
- let the device dry, and then remove the protective film.
Cleaning the drainage system of the air conditioner at home
The final step in cleaning the indoor unit of the air conditioner is cleaning and disinfecting the drainage system. The condensate accumulation pan removed at the previous stages must be thoroughly rinsed. The drain pipe should be blown out with a vacuum cleaner and flushed with air conditioner cleaning fluid. After that, it is necessary to disinfect the drain tube and pan with chlorhexidine.
It is better to assemble the indoor unit the next day after cleaning, allowing all washed parts and assemblies to dry well.
How to clean the outdoor unit of the air conditioner?
Unlike the indoor module, cleaning the air conditioner’s outdoor unit with your own hands is not always possible, especially if it is installed high from the ground and to the side of the window opening. In such cases, it is better to entrust this work to professionals. You can safely clean the external unit of the air conditioner yourself if it is mounted:
- on the lower floors of a high-rise building or a private house, which can be reached using a ladder;
- on an unglazed loggia or balcony;
- under the window of your apartment.
At the end of cleaning the outdoor unit of the split system, wash the cover, protective grille, and fan impeller, and after drying, assemble the device.
AC duct cleaning every 5-7 years by a company that doesn’t make duct cleaning a waste of money can save you a whole host of problems. Proper duct cleaning can reduce the amount of dust your HVAC system puts into your home. If you need to dust a few times a week and haven’t cleaned your air ducts in a while, this can be a great solution.
If someone in the house has allergies, cleaning the air ducts can relieve some symptoms. Every time you come in from outside, you bring in allergens and even harmful particles, and they are picked up by return pipes and circulated through the home by the HVAC system. Cleaning the air ducts regularly can help reduce the amount of these particles that build up and return to the house. Also, if mold spores or duct growth are suspected, a thorough cleaning will remove the mold and prevent it from spreading to the rest of the home.